This variant of the Tom Kha Hed consists of coconut milk, red curry paste, mushroom, and corn. In addition to healthy flavorings such as lemon leaf and coriander, this soup also contains a little coconut blossom sugar for the sweet taste. This is slightly healthier than sugar, but it is still unhealthy because of its nature.
Some health benefits:
- Coconut milk is many times healthier than cow milk or milk from another animal.
- Coconut milk contains many minerals such as potassium, manganese, selenium, etc.
- However, coconut milk also contains saturated fats. Unfortunately, there is a lot of controversy about this. The differences of opinion even prevail among the nutritional specialists, on which we base our knowledge
- That is why it is perhaps useful that you form your own opinion on this. Here is the link to two leading figures in this field:
- Dr. Michael Greger, with his videos about coconut milk and coconut fat.
- Dr. Mark Hyman, with his argument about the positive effect of coconut fat.
- Our conclusion is that we can safely consume coconut milk in moderation. But given the many alternatives and because Dr. Michael Greger relies purely on scientific research, we should be a bit more careful and not consume a lot of coconut milk or coconut fat daily.