The Mundo Verde burger is indistinguishable from the real thing.
The burger is topped with Mixed lettuce, tomato, vegan cheddar cheese, pickles, red onion rings, “bacon”, pea-asparagus sprouts, BBQ sauce, homemade mayonnaise.
The ingredients of the Mundo Verde burger are water, 19% textured wheat protein (wheat protein, wheat flour, colorant (E150)), sunflower oil, thickeners (E461), natural flavoring, onion, sea salt, vegetable fiber (sugarcane, citrus, psyllium), pea protein isolate, herbs and spices, beet concentrate and apple extract.
Some health aspects:
- The burger consists of wheat protein and pea protein isolate. Both are highly processed foods.
- It contains sunflower oil, which is refined vegetable oil.
- Furthermore, it contains additives like natural flavoring, thickeners, and apple extract.
- Our homemade vegan mayonnaise is healthier than normal mayonnaise but it contains still unhealthy refined oil.
- Finally, the buns consist of simple carbohydrates, which cause peaks in your blood sugar and are converted into belly fat when the body does not need the energy. But this applies to all types of bread, both white, brown, and multigrain bread. However, if you use up the energy, this is not an issue.